bingo and become a member of this celebrated online bingo room.
million in weekly coverall jackpots
Draft Picks by team
scoreboard Top undrafted free agents
- May 17
- (12:01 AM): Breaking down the AFC West draft ... Over the next fw days GBN analyst Dave Syvertsen will be breaking down the 2013 draft for each division starting with the AFC West.
- Bills introduce new G.M. … Buffalo formally introduced Doug Whaley as the Bills‘ new G.M. in the wake of the resignation of former G.M. Buddy Nix; Whaley had been the Bills‘ assistant general manager. Along with Whaley, the Bills have named Kelvin Fisher as director of college scouting, while Jim Monos was hired as director of player personnel. Fisher comes to the Blls from Pittsburgh, while Monos spent the past eight years working as an area scout with New Orleans. Meanwhile, Kansas City rounded out its new personnel department by naming Will Lewis as director of pro scouting and Marvin Allen as director of college scouting, while Randy Ball was named pro scouting assistant and Trey Koziol an area scout. The Chiefs also promoted Mike Borgonzi to assistant director of pro scouting, Dom Green to assistant director of college scouting, Brett Veach to pro and college personnel analyst and Ryan Poles to college coordinator.
- May 14
- (12:01 AM): Bills Nix steps down as GM … Buffalo has a new G.M. as Buddy Nix somewhat surprisingly stepped down on Monday and will be replaced by Doug Whaley , who moves up from assistant general manager. The 73-year-old Nix will stay with the team, though, as a special assistant to the G.M. Meanwhile, Arizona reshuffled its personnel department as Dru Grigson has been promoted to director of college scouting, while Quentin Harris has been promoted to director of pro scouting. Grigson had been a regional scout with the Cardinals who also named Josh Scobey as a pro scout, while Terry McDonough, who had been director of player personnel at Jacksonville, the past four years, was named the team’s eastern regional scout after being hired last week. At the same time, John Mancini becomes the Cardinals’ area scout for the midwest, while Debbie Pollom becomes college scouting coordinator, and Glen Fox and Darius Vinnett become scouting assistants. Marvin Allen, formerly a national scout with Atlanta has been named Kansas City’s new director of college scouting.
- May 9
- (7:00 PM): Colt get conditional pick for C … Indianapolis has acquired a conditional pick in the 2014 draft from Baltimore in exchange for C A.Q. Shipley. No word on the conditions involved in the deal, but it may be something along the lines of the Colts get a late round pick if the player makes the Ravens’ opening day 53-man roster.
- Cards add vet personnel man to front office … Arizona has reportedly agreed to terms with Terry McDonough, who was just fired after spending the past four years as the Director of Player Personnel at Jacksonville. It has not been announced what role McDonough will play with Arizona but he will be involved in scouting.
- May 7
- (12:01 AM): Big DT goes #1 in CFL draft …
Hamilton selected Calgary DT Linden Gaydosh with the first pick overall
in Monday’s CFL draft of Canadian-born players. Winnipeg then took
Eastern Michigan DE Andy Mulumba with the second pick, while Montreal
took Calgary LB Mike Edem with the third selection which the Alouettes
acquired from Montreal. In fact, it was a great draft for former
Calgary Dinos as RB Steven Lumbula was taken 5th overall by Montreal
with their own first round pick. In between, Saskatchewan selected
Eastern Michigan OG Corey Watman with the 4th pick. Meanwhile, Toronto
selected McMaster OT Matt Sewell with the 8th pick, while Edmonton
grabbed Regina DT Stefan Charles two picks later. Both of the latter
players were signed by Tennessee as undrafted free agents following
last month's NFL draft. Here is the full CFL draft tracker.
- Browns pick charged with DUI … Cleveland DE
Armonty Bryant, who was selected in the 7th round of last month’s
draft, was charged earlier this week with driving under the influence
of alcohol. Last year, Bryant, from little East Central State of
Oklahoma, pleaded no contest to a felony charge of marijuana
distribution in a school zone.
- Broncos reshuffle top personnel staff ... Denver
has reportedly hired former Cleveland G.M. Tom Heckert as a 'personnel
executive'. While that is a rather generic title it is likely that
Heckert will assume some of the duties of former Broncos director of
pro personnel Keith Kidd, who was informed his contract would not be
renewed over the weekend.
- May 6
- (9:00 AM): Final conditions for Smith trade
reported … Peter King of Sports Illustrated is reporting in his
Monday morning QB column this day that the conditional pick in 2014
San Francisco received from Kansas City to complete the deal for QB
Alex Smith is a third rounder that could escalate to a second rounder
if the Chiefs win at least 8 games this fall. The 49ers also received
the Chiefs second round pick this year for Smith which they then
artfully traded down with Tennessee for another third round pick in
2014 as well as emerging DE Tank Carradine.
- Chiefs get new top personnel exec … Kansas City
has hired Chris Ballard as the team’s new director of player personnel.
Ballard, whose new job will entail overseeing both the Chiefs pro and
college scouting departments, was director of college scouting for
Chicago last year after spending 12 years with the Bears as a scout.
- May 3
- (9:00 AM): Jag fill front office vacancies …
Jacksonville acted quickly to fill in the team’s front-office vacancies
created earlier in the week when the Jaguars fired Director of Player
Personnel Terry McDonough, Pro Personnel Director Louis
Clark and area scout Chris Prescott. Most notably, the Jaguars hired
former Indianapolis G.M. Chris Polian as the team’s new director of
player personnel. In addition, Kyle O’Brien was hired as the new
director of college scouting and Paul Roell is the new assistant
director of college scouting, while Mark Ellenz was brought in as the
new Eastern Regional scout and Andy Dengler was promoted to assistant
director of player personnel after serving the last two years as
director of college personnel with the Jaguars.
- Ravens sign pack of picks ... Defending Super Bowl
champion has signed 6 of the ten players the team drafted last weekend,
including FB Kyle Juszczyk, a 4th round pick, along with 5th round OT
Ricky Wagner, 6th rounders OG Ryan Jensen and DE Kapron Lewis-Moore and
7th rounders CB Marc Anthony and WR Aaron Melette. Meanwhile, Chigago
agreed to terms with two more picks by signing 4th round LB Khaseem
Greene and 7th round WR Marquess Wilson. Earlier in the week, the Bears
signed OT DE Cornelius Washington, the first draft picks to sign this
year. The only draft picks the Bears have not signed are G/T Kyle Long,
the team’s 1st round pick and second-round MLB Jon Bostic.
- May 2
- (9:00 AM): Bears first to sign picks ...
Chicago became the first team to sign any of its 2013 draft picks when
the Bears signed OT Jordan Mills and DE Cornelius Washington to 4-year
contracts. Mills was the Bears 5th round pick this year, while
Washington was selected in the sixth round.
- (12:01 AM): Pack writer beats pack; GBN well
placed … For the third straight year, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Packers’ beat writer Bob McGinn led the way in the The Huddle
Report's annual ranking of the accuracy of the top 100 draft boards
of the 65 leading draft services around the country. For the record, 87
of the players McGinn had in his final Top 100 prospects for the 2013
draft were actually selected within the first 100 picks at last week's
draft. Also for the record, the GBN tied with 5 other sites, including
Scott Wright’s NFL Draft Countdown, for 7th place. Among some of the
more widely-known draft experts, NFL.com analysts Mike Mayock and Gil
Brandt were 12th and 30th respectively, while ESPN's Mel Kiper tied for
- Browns, 49ers juggle front offices ... Cleveland
released senior national scout Pat Roberts, who spent eight
seasons with the club. At the same time, San Francisco has promoted
Joel Patten to Director of Player Personnel, Matt Malaspina to Director
of College Scouting, and Mike Williams to Director of Pro Personnel.
Additionally, the team promoted Justin Chabot to National Scout, Steve
Rubio to Regional Scout and Josh Williams to Pro Personnel Scout.
- Top UFA comes off board … NFL teams continue
formerly announce the signings of players
who not selected at last week’s draft. Among recent announced
signings, Kansas City, which had the #1 pick overall in the regular
draft, agreed to terms with former Tennessee QB Tyler Bray, the
top-rated undrafted player left on the GBN
Big Board after the draft. Meanwhile, Detroit announced the signing
of 11 players including former Western Michigan QB Alex Carder, along
with UCLA TE Joseph Fauria and Texas Tech OT LaAdrian Waddle.
- April 29
- Undrafted rooks coming off the board ... With the
2013 darft in the books, NFL teams have been scrambling to fill out
their rosters with the top undrafted rookie free agents they can sign.
In fact, by now most teams have signed their contingent of undrafted
rookies, although many teams actually until after their rookie
mini-camp to actually announce their signings. That's partly because
their are two categories of rookie signings. Some players are signed
for training camp, pending a physical, while others only get an offer
to try-out at the team's mini-camp. As sch, we only post rookie free agent signings that have been
officially announced by the respective teams. Of early signings that
have been announced Jacksonville has signed QBs Matt Scott and Jordan
Rodgers, the younger brother of Green Bay star QB Aaron Rodgers, while
New Orleans signed QB Ryan Griffin, along with OLBs Chase Thomas and
Eric Martin. Elsewhere Seattle signed OG Alvin Bailey, Purdue inked NT
Kwame Geathers and CB Josh Johnson and Buffalo signed WR Da'rick
- April 28
- (12:01 AM): Just 364 days until 2014 draft ...
Hang in there guys!! Just 364 days until the next draft, or as they are
already calling it in the business 'The Clowney Lottery'! in honor of
South Carolina junior DE Javedon Clowney who has already been
designated the #1 pick next year. Just in case, we have posted our very
first, very preliminary first-round
projection for 2014. As in past years, though, anybody who sends in
an e-mail along the lines of "the Buckeroos will never take a ..." will
be suspended from the site for the next three months!
- By the numbers ... We are still chewing over the
data from this weekend's draft, but here are some preliminary numbers and general
observations from the 2013 draft, although for now we want to do
some more thinking before crowning this year's winners and losers.
- April 27
- (7:30 PM): That’s a wrap … The 2013 draft
came to an end with Indianapolis making former South Carolina TE
Justice Cunningham this year’s ‘Mr. Irrelevant’ with the 254th and
final selection in the 7th round. And while this year’s draft is in the
books, there won’t be any rest, at least right away, for bleary-eyed
NFL personnel people. That’s because they are already working the
phones trying to sign the top undrafted players from this week’s draft.
Players still available in the so-called ‘8th round’ include among
others QBs Tyler Bray, Matt Scott, Ryan Griffin and Jordan Rodgers; RBs
Cierre Wood and Onterrio McCaleb, WRs Da’rick Rogers; TEs Jake
Stoneburner and Joseph Fauria; OTs Chris Faulk, and Xavier Nixon; OGs
Alvin Bailey, Chris Barker, and Sam Brenner, C Braxston Cave; DE Wes
Horton; DTs Kwame Geathers, T.J. Barnes and Cory Grissom; ILBs Kevin
Reddick, Jonathan Stewart, and Tom Wort; OLBs Chase Thomas, Jake Knott,
Lerentee McCray, and Etienne Sabino; CBs Nickell Robey, Adrian Bushell,
Josh Johnson, Johnny Adams, and Greg Reid; safeties Tony Jefferson,
Cody Davis, and Robert Lester; and kickers Ryan Allen, Brad Wing and
Quinn Sharp. For the record, here are the players who were still on the
GBN Big Board as well as the
top undrafted free agents
broken down by position.
you have comments or
suggestions, e-mail the editor at firstname.lastname@example.org;
can also be reached by phone at (613) 692-1088; or
regular mail at 320 Shadehill Cres., Ottawa, Ontario, Canada;
Blue North Draft Report Privacy
GREAT BLUE NORTH DRAFT REPORT is a